What a New Perspectives Teacher Does
The New Perspectives: Japan program succeeds because Japanese language teachers like you dedicate themselves to making learning interactive to the point of immersion. Teachers are the link between students, parents, and Laurasian Institution.
It is your enthusiasm that will spark your students’ interest in participating in and fully embracing the spirit of the program—and rally the support of your colleagues and principal. Your role includes:
- Encouraging students to apply to the program,
- Answering their questions and those of their parents,
- Following through on applications and payments,
- Planning activities that will generate excitement within your school and community, and
- Leading students through the multifaceted elements of the chosen study theme—including the time spent in Japan.
Not only do you know how to make lessons both engaging and logical, your presence ensures your students get the most out of the whole experience—and provides parents with peace of mind when their children are thousands of miles away from home!
Japan Travel Dates
Tour 1: June 15 - June 29, 2017
Tour 2: July 6 - July 20, 2017
Terms of Participation
The program is open to U.S. pre-collegiate teachers of Japanese. Group eligibility is open to all schools and is contingent upon the lead teacher and student’s understanding of the terms and conditions and stipulations in the letters of understanding.
- $3,995 for school group students
- $4,995 for unaffiliated, individual students
- Free for teachers traveling with a group of eight students
- December 1
- All online applications (including scholarship)
- Letters of understanding
- Program fee deposit checks
- January 30
- Deadline for fully-refundable cancellation
- Applications no longer accepted beyond this date
Before Beginning Application
Prior to beginning your teacher application, please prepare the following items:
- A brief self-introduction (Japanese is preferred but not required),
- A message to your future host family (Japanese is preferred but not required), and
- A recent photo of yourself along with another photo with friends or family.
Note: You cannot save answers and resume the application later. If you quit before finishing, you will have to start over. The application form takes approximately 10 minutes to fill out.
- Teacher/chaperone application
- Lead teacher letter of understanding or additional chaperone letter of understanding
Call us at 800.721.7474.