Discover Japan’s Culture, Language, and Beauty
Imagine a class that launches your exploration of another country and opens your eyes to a new culture with a different way of life. Now imagine that you’ll spend time in that culture and share your experience with others upon your return. This is what New Perspectives: Japan (NP:J) is all about.
Take an Active Role
Students take an active role from the beginning, selecting a study theme with their teacher, spending several months exploring the topic, and sharing insights and reflections. This prepares you for your travel in Japan, where your newfound knowledge empowers you to be much more than a tourist, allowing you instead to develop a deeper understanding of Japan, the Japanese people, and forever influencing your global perspective.
Peace of Mind for Parents
Parents of NP:J participants: Watch as your child builds the foundation for a meaningful understanding of a foreign culture. While your child travels in Japan, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that their teacher is always with the group and that NP:J is organized and led by an experienced and trusted professional organization. Your son or daughter will return with heightened cultural awareness, increased adaptability, and greater self-confidence.
Everything needed to begin the learning experience of a lifetime is below. Don’t wait—apply today!
- Tour 1: June 15 - June 29, 2017
- Tour 2: July 6 - July 20, 2017
- $3,995 for school group students
- $4,995 for unaffiliated, individual students
- December 1
- All online applications (including scholarship)
- Letters of understanding
- Program fee deposit checks
- January 30
- Deadline for fully-refundable cancellation
Terms of Participation
- School group eligibility: NP:J is open to U.S. middle and high school students seeking to begin or extend their study of Japanese language and culture. Students traveling as part of a school group must be at least 11 years of age by the time of their study tour to participate in NP:J. Group eligibility is open to all schools and is contingent upon the lead teacher and student’s understanding of the terms and conditions.
- Unaffiliated, individual student eligibility: Unaffiliated, individual student participation is open to individual students, age 15 or older (at time of tour), who are seeking to begin or extend their study of Japanese language and culture and are applying without a group organized by their school. Students participating individually will be placed in groups with other students based on tour date and location. Unaffiliated student groups will be supervised by a lead teacher selected by Laurasian Institution.
- Items to prepare before beginning application
- Student application (non-scholarship) or Student Application (scholarship)**
- Student letter of understanding to be submitted to teacher
- Submission of $395 deposit check to your teacher*
Call us at 800.721.7474.
* Checks should be made payable to Laurasian Institution. The deposit is 100 percent refundable if Laurasian Institution is notified of cancellation in writing on or before January 30. Credit card payments are not accepted.
** Scholarships will be announced by mid-December.