Community Coordinator, PAX H.S. Exchange Job Openings
PAX Laurasian Exchange is hiring for the position of community coordinator (local representatives nationwide. This independent contractor supports the PAX H.S. Exchange program, helping host families and high schools throughout the continental U.S. share their America with exchange students from more than 70 countries by:
- Arranging semester and academic year homestays and high school enrollment for exchange students.
- Generating interest in the local community.
- Holding orientations for both families and students.
- Guiding young, international visitors through personal and cultural adjustment.
- Providing friends and neighbors in their community and the young people they host with positive, life-changing exposure to new cultures.
Ideal candidates will have the following experience, characteristics, and attributes:
- Have parented or worked with teens for three or more years.
- Education, sales, or youth counseling experience.
- Are optimistic, motivated, flexible self-starters.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present to individuals and small groups of people.
- Enjoy a strong network within their community.